Macro Designer For Access 2010
Now You Can Replace VBA With Embedded Macros
Access 2010 Macro Designer
The Macro Designer is a new editor to help you automate repetitive tasks without using Access VBA. It is also helpful in opening and using reports and forms, as well as utilize important business logic throughout your MS Access 2010 database.
The main reasons for this redesign are: increase productivity and help eliminate errors in VBA coding to develop a powerful and robust Access database program.
5 New Features For Access 2010 Macros
- Improve Access development productivity with new features, like the action catalog, keyboard Accessibility, IntelliSense, plus the use of copy and paste
- A logical and readable program code
- Complex logic is expanded and now includes nested IF and Else/Else If statements similar to Access VBA
- Improved and faster code development with re-usable macro code in your database
- Macros can now be emailed through XML
The new macro designer has the look and feel of a code development interface, and the content appears much more like coding using Expand and Collapse Actions commands, plus commands Expand All and Collapse All improve readability and user functionality within the macro development tool. Remember, however, the Access macros are not a complete replacement for many Access VBA functions.
Take a look at the Access 2007 Macro development tool and compare with the new macro designer below.