Start Your Database Project Now
Using This Database Project Checklist
Quick-Start Your Database Project
Call us at 503-309-6691 for a complimentary consultation. Let us help you get organized so we can build the database you want. The following material contains suggestions for gathering information about your database project. Or, fill out a more in-depth Database Project Questionnaire for us to review with you.
What Is The Problem?
- What is it that your users want, overall, from a database system?
- Who are the stakeholders? Who is requesting this database?
- What are they currently using for a database system? Access 2003? Access 2007? Access 2000? Excel? Other database?
Database User Requirements
NOTE: Database Requirements are specifications for what the database will do.
- What is it that users are requesting from your database. If possible, make a bullet list.
- What will the database system be designed to do?
- What kind of data / information will be included in the database?
- What reporting services will be required?
Compare Your Current Database To Your Preferred Database System
- What is your current database system. Include all programs used.
- How long has your present database been in use?
- Where did your database originate? In house? Outside company customization? Off the shelf?
- What is wrong / needs upgrading with your current database system?
- What is your optimum solution? What would your 'dream' database do for you? Include everything you can think of right now.
Where Are You In The Database Project Process
- How long have you been thinking about this project? Inception date, if known
- Do you have a budget for the database project? Minimum? Maximum?
- What is your timeframe for completion?
- Has there been any programming code written for this project?
- Has this project started and stalled in the past
- What do you need before you can start this database project? Approval, consultations, reviews?
Call Us First If You Are Stuck!
Sometimes getting started is the hardest part. We understand your situation; simply call us at
503-309-6691 and we'll take the time to discuss your project (complimentary, of course).